Zelda Wii rumors
A whole host of rumors concerning the next Zelda title on Wii have surfaced. These rumors come from a Japanese message board called 2chan, which apparently has a good track record in foreseeing these things.
- The game will be vary from the dungeon - field - dungeon method we are accustomed to.
- You will be able to select right or left handed at the start, and Link will use the hand based on your selection.
- The gameplay and basic mechanics are all complete.
- They are currently polishing up the story and characters.
- One of the characters they are working on is an innkeeper in Link's home village who has a son that looks up to Link.
- The girl in the art is not the Master Sword, and it appears the Master Sword will not be in the game.
- The girl's name from the painting could possibly be Adelle, Adella, or Aderu.
- She is not with you throughout the game like Ezlo and Midna.
- The face in the painting of her is not her real face. It's not fully elaborated on much, but it does say that it was a placeholder concept piece of art.
- Link's sword is highly unique in this game, and will have several unlockable abilities. Adelle (or whatever her final name becomes) communicates with you through this sword.
- There will be horseback combat. Epona will avoid obstacles automatically.
- The models for 3 significant characters in the game have been touched up, but no they are not Zelda or Ganondorf.
- The idea of this version of Link also being The Hero of Time has been highly considered, and may already be implemented.
- Time travel plays a role in the game.
- The game takes place in more than just Hyrule, and may possibly not be Hyrule at all.