News from today's Nintendo Direct video
Reggie spills the beans, smoothly
Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime just presented a new Nintendo Direct video, this one is all about games coming to the 3DS - and some that are already available.
Much of the things the video discusses we already knew about, but there are some new nuggets of truth so it's worth a watch. You can see a basic summary of events below the video.
- Real world items (check out the goat!).
- Each sticker collected is an attack, once used it's gone.
- The new villain is a mysterious masked gentleman.
- Storyline goes into the past, detailing Layton's high school days.
- New puzzle types, twists on existing puzzle types, 365 downloadable puzzles (one per day).
- Over 1,000 professionally created puzzles.
- More will keep coming at no additional cost via SpotPass download.
- Improve drawing using step-by-step lessons that explore art theory and the fundamentals of sketching and painting using real world techniques (e.g. paints, pastels and colored pencils).
- Create your own lessons and art, then share with friends.
- Available in stores and Nintendo eShop.
- Management, collection and puzzle elements to the game.
- More traditional gamers could find it a guilty pleasure as there's a high demand on focus and strategy, between running a store, choosing inventory and keeping customers happy.
- Two downloadable demos will be available.
- Sequel to Pushmo.
- New mechanics at work, like gravity and floating blocks, doors and move switches.
- Puzzle creation and sharing mode lets you create your own challenges via QR code patterns.
- Available November 22nd, only on eShop.
- The 3DS itself is part of the gameplay, tilting and turning to move a puddle.
- Puddle changes based on conditions, from a liquid to a block of ice, or steam cloud.
- Solve puzzles and defeat monsters.
- Levels take place from all timespans, from dinosaur era to the modern world.
- Available December 27th.
- Developed by Nicalis.
- Underwater adventure in both friendly and unfriendly waters/earthquakes.
- You're not just a citizen, but the mayor of the town.
- Your decisions affect the development of your town, allowing you to mold it the way you want to.
- Decide on landmarks, which shops should open and even decide the hours of the local merchants to match your lifestyle.
- Customize your outfits from head to toe
- pants, shoes and even socks. Convert your custom designs into QR codes to share with other players.
- New house furnishings to choose from.
- Game features an island where you can go swimming.