Zero Suit Samus special moves

Zero Suit Samus special moves

Zero Suit Samus shows off her special moves in today's Super Smash Bros Brawl update.

The first is a stun-gun known as the Paralyzer. You can charge it up a little, if you get someone with it you'll be able to add extra attacks while they're stunned.

Freeze scum!

Ohhhh, right in the...

Then there's the Plasma Whip, a stronger attack where Samus' gun turns into a lash of plasma.

Jesus wept.

Her third special move is called the Plasma Wire, it can be used as a recovery method to latch onto ledges, or to draw enemies closer to you.

Get over here!

Me Jane, you Tarzan.

's avatar

Rob Jones

3,022 news items

User comments

dec3issofaraway said:

Oh. How plain.

Super King said:

First character I'm going to play in Brawl is Samus, mostly because I loved the Metroid Prime games so much. Hopefully I'll get to be Zero Suit Samus in my first game! I hope you can somehow unlock Zero Suit Samus as a standalone character, because what if you have items off but want to play as her?

Elebot said:

It looks like Zero Suit Samus may be taking Shiek's place. The move sets are pretty similar.

pichu fan said:

I wanted one of zero suit samus' moves to be ice beam, that would be so cool. Well there's ice climbers and freize.

ssbbssbbssbb said:

I can't figure out if Zero Suit Samus is also a stand alone character, or if she is only gotten by the final smash ball. If all else fails, I guess I'll find out December 3.

insultman911 said:

I don't think she'll be a stand alone character, because she doesn't have a final smash. Only samus does and she's part of samus, so you'll have to use her final smash to use zero suit samus. I think that's how it goes.

Gonzo said:

These moves are kind of interesting. I like the second one, where she hits him in the balls.

BrothaZ said:

That's true, super king. Maybe there'll be a way to become Zero Suit when you choose normal Samus on the character roster, much like Zelda and Sheik in Melee. We'll see, though.

ganon man 62 said:

Well I didn't like this update. Oh well there's always tomorrow.

KillerHonke said:

Actually her Down B move is when she points the gun down. It says in the update if you "smash" down. Thus it's the down b move.

Senpai said:

I'm pretty sure they said they will have no more transformations, just standalone variations.

Nintendoof said:

Don't worry Super King, she's a stand alone character because Zero Suit and Suited Samus have 2 different profiles.

samus freak said:

She can stun me anytime.

DragonFoxCoon said:

That's some range the whip has. And I agree with Super King; Zero Suit Samus needs to be separate from her clothed counterpart.

RisingPhoenix said:

To SuperKing: maybe ZSS will be like Zelda. Before you start the battle just hold the 'B' button and you'll automatically start as ZSS/Sheik. Samus is becoming a one-of-a-kind character with no par. Maybe Ridley will set her straight.

John Asvec said:

One thing to note is that on the SSBB website doesn't have the Final Smash "item" in the items section. It instead has it in the how to play section. I wonder why? Either it's just a mistake by the website or maybe you obtain the final smash "item" after doing something. I dunno, anybody else's thoughts?

Crazy Hand said:

Super King: They'll probably let you hold down A before the match to start out as Zero Suit Samus, just as you could with Sheik in Smash Bros Melee.

The Doc said:

That's a good point Super King. This update was late on the SSBB website and I don't think it was really worth the wait.

A dude said:

Zero Suit Samus is actually part of Samus. After Samus gets the smash ball (an item that lets you unleash your super smash) Samus shoots a super beam, then her armor falls off.

David said:

Correct A dude, you get ZSS only after performing a final smash (Zero Laser). Sheik is in Brawl, by the way.

davyt0247 said:

If you want to play as ZSS from the start, all you have to do is hold the shield button when selecting Samus. Her armor falls off when the match starts.

Write a comment